Yesterday I set out to draft a quick blog post about our open job positions – two kick-ass senior account executives to join the Cutline Crew in San Francisco and/or New York City. But instead of me writing some rambling post, I decided to ask my colleagues for help. So, I sent out this note.
Subject: HELP! Need input from you for a blog post
Text of email: Quick! I need the top 10 reasons an SAE should join Cutline... Go! Pretty please. 🙂
(Yes. I use emoticons in email and every time I do I cringe just a little bit.)
What I saw in response to my email BLEW. MY. MIND. Nine years ago this month, Megan Lamb called me in Texas, where I was visiting my family, and asked if I wanted to help start Cutline (which was nameless at the time). Nine years later, I’ve never been more proud to say I’m a Cutliner. Sure, you could argue that people responded positively to my ask because I helped start Cutline. But that’s honestly not the way we roll here. And they could have responded in a million different ways.
My plan was to highlight one reason from 10 different Cutliners. With a little preamble from me. Duh. But, once again, my fearless, amazing colleagues have risen to the challenge and have left me stumped. So, hopefully I’m stumping them a little right now. The upside of having the keys to the kingdom is that I can post to our blog or make changes to our website at my leisure (hopefully I got this right, Nena!). So, Cutline Crew, this one’s for you, too!
YOU GUYS ARE THE HANDS-DOWN ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTIONS ASKED THE FREAKING BEST. EVER. Words honestly cannot describe how thankful I am to work with such an incredible bunch of people. Today is our annual Thanksgiving potluck and I just want to say that I am INCREDIBLY thankful to work with each and every one of you… starting with the best business partner, colleague, mentor, and friend a girl could ask for, and that would be my little lamb. This has been an amazing year for our growing agency and you should all be extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished together. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. And here’s to the next 90 years!
Now that I’ve rambled far too long – you saw that coming, right? – and have probably lost the intended audience, I want to share with you… future Cutline SAEs… the top I-lost-count reasons YOU should join the Cutline Crew. If you like what you read here, drop us a line at jobs at cutline dot com.
Lots of love from Erin / Efors / Forsie / Fors / whatever you call me.
10 46 Reasons You Should Join Cutline (unedited and brought to you by the fabulous Cutline Crew!)
- We are awesome
- Hot new office
- Generous PTO
- Cool, Smart, Creative Chicks who work here
- Megan Lamb
- Erin Fors
- We have amazing clients
- Dog lovers
- Brand New MacBooks
- Holiday Party = Fabulousness
- Pictures of Baxter
- Awesome gifs
- Nacho Libre
- Snacks for days
- Chalkboard art
- The greatest people on the planet and coolest clients an SAE could ask for
- Because of our dope fitness sessions. Buns of cinnamon are great, but buns of steel are even better.
- Our clients are big deals (meaning everyone knows them or will know them)
- You will have equal parts autonomy and support
- You will be challenged every day
- We have Sex in the City marathons on Fridays! Or if you want to tune into a dog show/competition, people will let you 🙂 whatever your jam is, it's ok
- All of our clients are straight up COOL.
- We have a zen room with a massage chair. Just saying.
- Want to sit at your desk? No problem. Stand? That can also be arranged.
- We believe in work life balance.
- We trust each other.
- We know how to get shit done.
- Our holiday parties are epic.
- Our clients are THE BEST
- Our team is small but mighty
- We love a good happy hour
- We value meritocracy
- We do Pilates so that we can stuff our face with Thanksgiving meals or because we believe that half of a meal should be dessert
- Our clients are not just our clients, but our partners
- We love to celebrate - holidays, big media hits, or even just because
- We have a "Zen" room in our office with a kick-ass massage chair
- Our team is made up of positive, intellectually curious, fun people
- Creativeness can also equal professionalism
- Quirks are not encouraged, they are preferred
- In a small office your voice will be heard and you won't even have to shout
- Ties are to be worn as belts or headbands unless you're a girl, then they can be worn as a tie
- Did we mention there's ice cream in the freezer?
- We love gadgets. Need we say more?
- Oh, and Twitter wars of love.